Friday, July 16, 2010

Mission: Change Ugly Chiffarobe

Mission Impossible theme song was playing in my mind the first time I met my new friend Mr. Chiffarobe. He was in the back of the truck, having just arrived at my house, and the music started to play. Thank goodness I watch Psyche. Shawn has taught me a thing or two about envisioning things, and I was up for the challenge. It wasn't going to be easy, but it was a challenge I could not deny.

Here he is..... meet Mr. Chiffarobe
.
First thing I did was start sanding down the drawers. To get my motivation up. (In case you didn't know, the drawers are the easiest.) I knew if I could manage that, I could win. Here are the poor drawers after I sanded and restained them. Those poor drawers didn't stand a chance against my brutal, raw, untamed strength..... with sander in my hand.

.
After I conquered the drawers, I went for the kill. I had to put that poor dresser out of it's misery. (And my own, I mean hellooo you saw it!)

Here it is with it's new face on. You can't really tell can you? It's like looking at a picture that's kinda cute, but there are a few blemishes in the photo, and you CAN NOT take your eyes off of them. Yes, I am reading your mind (Psych) I know you are looking at the back wall of the chiffarobe. I did something about that also.

I painted the inside walls to Mr. Chiffarobe. It was a makeover. A makeover can not just be an outside thing. If you want a true makeover, it has to be the INside and OUTside.
I know what you're thinking..... whiiiite... give me a little credit, not quite.

and now

for the

grand

finale

I give you Mr. Chiffarobe after his new makeover, in his new home!



I know you can see the poor bottom of the dresser. It was a sad moment. When I picked up the drawer, "gasp" it came out in four pieces, each. But do not lose sleep over it!
Nothing that a little wood glue can't handle! (thanks Preacher Brice!)

Isn't it alot better?! Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment