Saturday, July 10, 2010

Our Journey from a House to a Home

Well, here is how it all started.

We found a house, that we LOVED.

Here it is.

It may look cute on the outside, but don't let it fool you. On the inside, it was not precious. (gives me the chills just thinking about it!)



So, we did what anyone would do. Tear the inside apart!


This tragedy, my friends, was called the kitchen.


This is two different views.

I am sure you would agree with me, it HAD to go!

SO we did what any normal thrill seeker would do, tear a wall down! We decided that wall right there (left) was "bye bye".








After sweat (Brice's),
tears (mine),
blood (well no one was actually hurt).....
This is what became of our itty bitty, pickled oak, shiny green countertop, linoleum floored, huge island, shiny white paint, kitchen.










So, "ta da"! This is our new fabulously stylish kitchen.








No more pickled oak (it makes me sick just typing those words).
No more linoleum tile floor (thanks to Brice and Daddy Steve for the custom tile work!)
No more shiny white walls that I can see my reflection in (don't you love the green?)
No more shiny green countertops! (maybe one day our wallets will agree upon granite)
No more GIANT WALL that blocks the dining room and kitchen.
No more huge island that should have been it's own country.
















Oh how I love my kitchen.
I would also like to point out that the china cabinet
you see abo
ve was 'specially made just for me
by my Papow Swindoll.
(I mean how many people are lucky enough to say that?!)
.
ANYWAY- on to my next mission. The living room.
(sad music playing in the background)

Terrifying, I know.

Just look at it,

the shiny blue paint,

the popcorn ceilings,





the huge fan
(that could have fallen on an innocent bystander's head at any minute!)

and the sad little fireplace that sits alone all by itself.

Did I mention the carpet? Keep those shoes on ladies and gentlemen! (shudder)

What did we do?

Everything.



Helloooo color! We decided the fireplace needed to feel special and have it's own color. It agreed!

The built in cabinets added a special touch. (thanks to Carpenter Travis and Brice)




This picture doesn't have the bottom doors on it, but you get the idea! (use your imagination people!)

Success!


One more major thing to accomplish inside..... wait for it.... the bathrooms. Oh yes, of course we had to change them. Have you not figured out by now that we are no sissies? We fight, and we win.
Now prepare yourself. If you like to see pretty things, you may want to close your eyes. Or if you have had enough shiny blue paint, I'd close them.


























Back breaking work done by my wonderful husband, color choices by me (to try to tone down the man made BLUE marble. Blue, go figure.) and whalaaa! a much nicer place to get clean.








“A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams.”

No comments:

Post a Comment