Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Our Youth

So I finally got caught up on my sleep from camp. (No rude comments, you all know how I get when I'm tired!) This was officially my second youth camp. Ever. I never went when I was actually a youth... messed up, I know! Even though this was my second youth camp, it was so different than the last one. I know popularity isn't what we try to teach our youth, but it helps in certain situations. MAN were we popular. (Side Note: a past co-worker's daughter used to call it popalar, makes me laugh every time!)
Boulevard Baptist Church's Youth made their name known this year.

I will start off with a single member of the youth, Paul.

Say, "Hi Paul!"

If you know my husband, Preacher Brice, this story will not surprise you all that much. I have trouble remembering exactly how it all started, because it feels like we've been doing this forever. Brice started the "Paul Cheer" (sounds like the baseball cheer that goes duh nuh nu nuh nu nuuuhhh.... charge!!) and somehow managed to get MANY youth groups cheering Paul's name all throughout the campus, the worship center hall, and the actual worship center. Then some of the youth decided to take it a step further and walk around asking the poor little victims, "Are you Paul? Tell him I'm looking for him. " That Paul guy, what a popular fellow.

Our next little diva, Morgan
.
Say, "Hi Morgan!"

Our little petite bundle of laughs definitely did not let us down. Different states can not hold her down. She managed to make the ENTIRE camp laugh by having her story
read during morning worship service.
Story goes...

Morgan decided to take a shower. She was dirty.
Her Roommate left the room in search of other company.
Morgan forgot that she did not grab her towel.
She yelled and yelled her little lungs out for towel help.
No one.
So what did she do? Look around the bathroom... at the.....
moldy
green
soap scummed
shower curtain.

Yes, that's right. True story. Poor thing. And there you go, another popular youth.

If this was not enough proof for you, how about the fact that we won Youth Group of the Day?
Yeah, that's right! This was on the first full day at camp. The youth were SO shocked that they called our church! They were so excited!

And if being Youth Group of the Day wasn't exciting enough, the following day,
Preacher Brice was voted as Youth Minister of the Day!
Personally, they better be glad that he got it. They would have had some very upset and hurt teenagers on their hands! Those kids worked so hard at making sure Brice got it. They love him so much.

This is a picture of Brice answering how he likes his "taters"



Here is the video (if it'll work!) of Brice being interviewed for his Youth Minister of the Day!
All in all, I would say it was a great youth trip

.

1 comment: